All Lives Matter except MINE

 Don’t take this the wrong way.  I understand and know that ‘ALL LIVES MATTER’.  I get that.  


But I need you to understand something.

There are parts of the country where the attitude is MY life doesn’t matter to them.  

There are people out there who believe that MY life doesn’t matter.   

There are people out there who don’t know me, don’t care to know me and don’t want to know me because, in their world, MY life doesn’t matter.

And since MY Life doesn’t matter, causing me harm isn’t a problem because, in their minds, All Lives Matter EXCEPT the life of someone who looks like me.

And as much as share I your thoughts and beliefs and accept the obvious truth (which never really needs to be said) that “ALL LIVES MATTER”, I have to be aware and alert for those people who NOT ONLY believe my life does NOT MATTER but are willing to take action to demonstrate that it does NOT matter.

So, my question to you is this:

If you believe that ALL LIVES MATTER, are you willing to step out of your comfort zone and watch out for me, defend me, and/or protect me against THOSE people who believe MY life doesn’t matter??? 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Crossroad Before Confidence: How Struggling Through College Taught Me More Than Grades Ever Could

Why I’m Not Trying to Make New Friends After 40 (And Why That’s Okay)

Spring 1988: The Semester That Changed Everything